On November 8, 2022, election day, voters in 2 more states have approved the legal use of recreational marijuana. On election day, voters in Maryland and Missouri approved the use of recreational marijuana. There are now 21 states, plus the District of Columbia, which permit recreational marijuana use. This appears to be the growing trend in the United States. There are now over 10,000 retail outlets across the the country selling marijuana, CBD, and hemp related products, which is up significantly since 2018, when there were only about 3000 retail outlets. However, there are still 13 states, mostly concentrated in the Southeast and the Midwest, that prohibit both medical and recreational marijuana use. The most notable of these states is Texas. Also, we cannot forget that Federal law criminalizes the use, possession and distribution of marijuana. In short, Federal law still prohibits transporting marijuana across state lines.
Marijuana is Now Legal in 21 States – What Does the Future Hold?
by gregoryrobey | Nov 10, 2022 | Firm News
- Graduate Student Charged with the Murder of Four Idaho College Students
- Sam Bankman-Fried Waived Extradition – So What is Next for Him?
- What is Next in the Extradition Process for Sam Bankman-Fried?
- Special Counsel Appointed in Trump Investigations
- What Legal Problems Does Presidential Candidate Trump Face?