A Federal Grand Jury has issued a subpoena to the Save America Political Action Committee tied to former president Donald Trump. The subpoena seeks documents on how money was collected and spent by the political action committee. The Save America Political Action Committee was formed after Mr. Trump was defeated in the 2020 presidential election. The committee collected tens of millions of dollars to support efforts to challenge the 2020 presidential election results. Political action committees usually have very broad discretion on how donations are spent. However, the federal grand jury may be looking at whether there was some element of fraud involved in the solicitation and collection of the donations.
- Graduate Student Charged with the Murder of Four Idaho College Students
- Sam Bankman-Fried Waived Extradition – So What is Next for Him?
- What is Next in the Extradition Process for Sam Bankman-Fried?
- Special Counsel Appointed in Trump Investigations
- What Legal Problems Does Presidential Candidate Trump Face?