A Federal Grand Jury has issued a subpoena to the Save America Political Action Committee tied to former president Donald Trump. The subpoena seeks documents on how money was collected and spent by the political action committee. The Save America Political Action Committee was formed after Mr. Trump was defeated in the 2020 presidential election. The committee collected tens of millions of dollars to support efforts to challenge the 2020 presidential election results. Political action committees usually have very broad discretion on how donations are spent. However, the federal grand jury may be looking at whether there was some element of fraud involved in the solicitation and collection of the donations.
- Grand Jury Issues Subpoena to Trump Political Action Committee
- Following President’s Orders Defense Rejected in Capitol Riot Trial
- Can Police Be Charged for Lying in Search Warrants?
- Former President’s Estate is Searched – So What is a Search Warrant and What Does it Mean?
- What’s Next After the January 6, Congressional Hearings?