A Federal Grand Jury has issued a subpoena to the Save America Political Action Committee tied to former president Donald Trump. The subpoena seeks documents on how money was collected and spent by the political action committee. The Save America Political Action Committee was formed after Mr. Trump was defeated in the 2020 presidential election. The committee collected tens of millions of dollars to support efforts to challenge the 2020 presidential election results. Political action committees usually have very broad discretion on how donations are spent. However, the federal grand jury may be looking at whether there was some element of fraud involved in the solicitation and collection of the donations.
Grand Jury Issues Subpoena to Trump Political Action Committee
On Behalf of Law Office of Gregory S. Robey | Sep 15, 2022 | Firm News
- Founder of the Oath Keepers Sentenced to 18 years for U.S. Capitol Attack
- Charges Dismissed Against Alec Baldwin
- What Does the Indictment of Donald Trump Mean?
- Six Year-Old Shooter Raises Difficult Questions for Criminal Justice System
- Graduate Student Charged with the Murder of Four Idaho College Students